Your support helps the Gantt present exceptional exhibitions, leading scholars and engaging programs that celebrate the African-American story.
A Trip To The Motherland
Image credits: White House (Pete Souza) / Maison Blanche (Pete Souza) [Public domain]
Join the Harvey B. Gantt Center and explore Africa in the best way possible! August 29, 2019 - September 14, 2019.
Join the Harvey B. Gantt Center on an escorted tour of South Africa, with an optional extension to Ghana, and enjoy the abundance the continent has to offer – its history, culture, diversity, hospitality, natural beauty, and people.
- Three-day luxury photo safari at the stunning Kapama River Lodge
- Explore Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela served 18 years
- Guided tour of Zeitz Museum, the world’s largest museum of contemporary African art
- Wine tasting at black-owned Seven Sisters Vineyards in the scenic Cape Winelands
- Ghana’s Cape Coast Castle, the point of departure for many enslaved Africans
- Visit Ntonso Adinkra village and create your own fabric design
- Experience the rich history and culture of the Ashanti in Kumasi, Charlotte’s sister city
- August 29, 2019 - September 14, 2019
- South Africa Only, August 29 - September 10, 2019; $5,160 per person, double occupancy
- South Africa + Ghana, August 29 - September 14, 2019; $6,876 per person, double occupancy
Having seen the evolution and progress of her home country since the dismantlement of Apartheid, South African native Samantha West of South Africa Travel & Tours has custom-designed an excursion that showcases the fullness of the African continent.
For more information about this excursion, please contact Gantt Center COO, Bonita Buford at (704) 547-3766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.